What is NZCEL?
The New Zealand Certificate in English Language (NZCEL) program is for you who:
- may want to gain more capability and skills in English
- wish to gain more confidence in your ability to communicate in an English language environment
- might maximize your likelihood of success in future academic pursuits and for students
- aim to develop your English communication skills to a high level of complexity and
- target to become more independent communicators in English speaking environments.
- wish to increase their likelihood of gaining employment and/or maximize their likelihood of success when studying domain specific undergraduate qualifications.
Graduates from this program will be able to work in positions that require
- interpersonal communication,
- understanding of context-specific professional and/or technical texts,
- writing context-specific records and reports, and team interaction.
NZCEL’s graduates will meet the English Language entry requirements for most higher education programs.
Please note, graduates will still need to meet other academic specific entry requirements for acceptance into those programs.
This is a 16 week program (20 hours per week). You will
- Understand main ideas and key supporting details of complex oral texts on familiar and sometimes unfamiliar topics;
- Speak with fluency and spontaneity to communicate information, ideas and thoughts, with some details and examples, in a range of familiar and unfamiliar contexts;
- Read and understand complex texts with a large degree of independence on familiar and sometimes unfamiliar topics;
- Write coherent texts appropriate to audience and purpose, with few linguistic errors in a range of text types, synthesizing and evaluating information and arguments from a number of sources.
Level & Entry Requirement
There are five levels, namely NZCEL level 1 to 5. For students who wish to pursue higher education in New Zealand, they have to complete and pass the test of level 4 or 5
- NZCEL Level 4: students can get direct entry to some diploma, bachelor, and graduate programmes;
- NZCEL Level 5: students can get direct entry to post graduate programmes
NZCEL level 4:
- NZCEL level 3
- IELTS 5 – 5.5 or school internal test
NZCEL level 5:
- NZCEL level 4 or
- IELTS 6.0
The standard tuition fee is 350 nzd/week + 300 nzd registration and material fees. Please contact [email protected] for special promotion (if any).
We guarantee the program fee is the most competitive in Auckland, New Zealand.