Digital Media Course
The Digital Media Course Level 5 aims to help you develop your design, animation and retelling skills.
At the completion of the program, you will
- Apply problem-solving, leadership and project management skills in digital media context
- Apply and manage a design process to meet project requirements and guidelines
- Analyse and evaluate your own work and the work of others.
- Apply general and technical skills in the creation of design solutions.
- Demonstrate recognised digital media and design best-practices.
Investment and Return
The average tuition fee is about 20,000 NZD per year for international students. In addition to that, you also need to have sufficient amount of 15,000 NZD for living cost in NZ
Annual income is expected at 46,000 NZD for graduates.
Job opportunities for industrial, graphic, web designers are excellent. Moreover, people with these skills will be in demand over the next few years. Wages for designers are good. However, employment prospects are poor for artists in the fine arts
Have a look at the following New Zealand Job websites and feel the market demand
High school graduates or IB, NCEA level 3
For international students: you also need a recognised qualification (IELTS, TOEFL or PTE)
- IELTS score of 5.5 and no band is lower than 5.0
- If you are from countries with visa approval rate greater than 80%, the school can use their internal English Competency Test to test you, or
- If your IELTS score is not sufficient, you can study either General English or IELTS preparation class to improve your score prior to the main program.
You will have the skills and knowledge for a junior position within creative industries. Those areas might include advertising, web design, in-house design studio and news media.
Sectors and professions that you are likely to enter on completion of this digital media course include
- 3D Animation
- Movie/film making
- Graphic design
- Art and art teaching
- 3D Visualisation…
If you are an international student, you need to study Diploma in Digital Media & Design Level 6 before going to the job market in New Zealand.
Top 5 providers in New Zealand for Digital Media Course Level 5
NZQA website indicates on 28/7/2017 that 5 providers can assist you to develop & sharpen your skills (alphabetical order):
- EDENZ Colleges 2016 Limited
- New Zealand Management Academies Limited
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- Whitireia Community Polytechnic
- Yoobee School of Design
Digital Media Course at Edenz Colleges
EDENZ Colleges has the experience and expertise in this sector about 20 years. Edenz Colleges is one of the 5 school in New Zealand to offer Digital Media Course level 5.
The Diploma in Digital Media & Design (Level 5) is a 120-credit course. In other words, it takes you 1 full year to complete the course.
Methods of delivery
You will benefit the most when studying with them because the school use the variety of delivery such as:
- Project sessions
- Master classes
- Guest speakers
- Work-based learning
Core and Elective Digital Media Course
You will study 4 papers, in which 2 papers are core courses
- Art History & Constructing Digital Images, Level 5, 30 Credits
- Production Project, Level 5, 30 Credits
- Philosophy and Psychology, Level 5, 30 Credits
- Anthropology, Level 6, 30 Credits
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making, Level 6, 30 Credits
- Sociology & Media Studies, Level 5, 30 Credits
Tuition fee & Scholarship
- 20,000 NZD/year
- Scholarships are available for student with strong academic and IELTS score
Contact us NOW for consultation & application
Mail: [email protected] or
Call: + 64 21 202 7926 (WhatsApp or Viber)